Monday, January 31, 2011

I don't even know what to say except...More Snow???


[insert horrified smiley here!]

Yes. More freakin' snow! I know I said I love it. And I really do. But my driveway resembles a luge course and pretty soon I'm going to be able to climb UP and out of a window. I've lost the bottom steps on my stairs. The dog area is now like a fenced-in yard and we can actually put them out without leads or leashes. They can't go anywhere. The little one can't even stand up high enough to get to the top of the piles! And it's taking money out of John's pocket. He's had to lose 3 work days this month due to the snow and it's looking like he's going to lose at least one more. This is causing him lots of stress and for that reason alone I wish we could catch a break. You know...maybe the next few storms only bring an inch or two. Or we get a few warmer days in between to allow it to melt a bit and people to clean things up a little more. But that's just wishing and the reality is that today I'm going to bundle up and see if I can move at least a little of this stuff and make a little more room for it. John is going to try and widen the driveway a bit if at all possible. And I'll be chipping at the ice mounds on the steps to try and get rid of some of that. Good times. Good times.

On a positive note, I have a screening call for a job that is 20 minutes from home today! A bit excited about the prospect, but daunted knowing that this is just the beginning of the process. A 10 min. call today that will hopefully lead to an actual interview in a week or two, to be followed hopefully by a second interview in a week or two after that. If all goes remarkably well, the actual job offer will come in a month or so. It's such a slow process when all I feel is urgency. I'm trying to convince myself that it's a good lesson in patience...one I need and should embrace. And I'll keep repeating that to myself.

I'm also filing for unemployment today and starting that process. I hope that it goes quick and that the wait for the money to start won't be too long. Off to get that started...

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...