Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another beautiful snowy day and the job search is on...

It's snowing out. Beautiful, big, fluffy flakes of gently falling snow. It looks like a winter wonderland out my window! I'm enjoying the quiet (I love how the world sounds so "soft" when it's snowing outside) which is only broken up by the sound of the "noisemakers" (see earlier post this month) and my sick husband snoring away. LOL!

Here's a little update on what's been going on.

Friday I went to the office and picked up my things before everyone got in for the day. There wasn't much since I'd only been there 9 months. Made me a little sad because I really liked the people I worked with. I had a nice chat with the CFO and I'll head back next week to have lunch with everyone. I consoled myself with one last trip to Panera and drowned my sorrows in a frosted valentine's shortbread cookie and bought John a couple of his beloved cheddar & jalapeno bagels as a treat. Then it was time for a little retail therapy at Michael's and AC Moore because I won't get to Bellingham any time soon and they're both on the same exit. I was pretty well behaved and didn't go over my budget! Yeah! For dinner, John and I tried calzones from the new pizza place we're test-running (because our favorite place became just awful when the owner stopped supervising). They were delicious and huge and are now going to be a Friday night regular. :)

Saturday I got to have some fun with my friend Julie. A girls' day! So long overdue and so much appreciated! We took a drive through the backroads of CT and MA and headed to Woodstock and Putnam for a little antique shopping and lunch. Of course, since I had given myself permission to get myself a little something, the only that I saw that I really, really, really wanted was a vintage letterpress draw filled with letterpress alphabets and numbers...for $375! It was a thing of beauty and was screaming "take me home...you know you want me...c'mon you can do it!". It took all my willpower to not buy it and justify it as a gift to make up for a difficult past year. I'm still thinking of it and hope the desire for it fades soon! I also updated my Monster.com resume posting and crossed my fingers that someone will see it and find it interesting enough to contact me (besides the insurance sales people from last year).

Sunday was just a lazy day at home with a sick man and lots of tissues and TV. I did a quick Wal-Mart run to stock up on medicine and supplies and then it was quality time on the couch and taking care of John.

Yesterday I got to babysit the 3 girls for my cousin. The little dude is sick (double ear infection) and he had a doctor's appointment. It was not one of my best times with them. I was not in the best of moods (bad, bad morning with the dogs getting up early, one big accident from the old guy and hitting that angry phase of getting through the layoff and the new hand of cards I have to play in this life) and I was short with G when we were playing Sorry. I need to work on that. But overall we had fun playing with the crafting kit I got them for Christmas and just being silly together. John got home early so we got to have lunch together and then it was just more relaxing so he'd relax and get better.

Today I'm going to do some laundry, make my wish list of projects to accomplish with this unexpected time off, update my journal and clean up the bedroom to get it ready for the new bed coming later this month. John's home today so maybe we'll head out for a bit to take some pictures and enjoy the pretty winter scenery.

Here's to a productive and good week for me. I've got some following up to do on the 5 jobs I've applied for and more to apply for. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...