Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day One of the next chapter in life...

I think it's pretty interesting that it's happening on 1/11/11!

Last night I got laid off. Again. By email. Which wasn't as bad as it sounds. This layoff wasn't entire unexpected (I'd adjusted my schedule/pay to 3 days a week to avoid it recently), so getting the email (with a text alert that I should check my email) allowed me the opportunity to have my little breakdown in private and to talk to the boss when I had pulled myself together and could do so calmly. And it helped me avoid her having to do it in her office which is a fishbowl and everyone would have been able to see it. And I would have had to try to control the mess I would be while saying goodbye to people I really liked and enjoyed working with each day. So as of today I have a little less than 3 weeks to find a job or file for unemployment. I'll go to the office later this week to pick up my stuff and say goodbye. And I don't have to worry about getting to work tomorrow during the Nor'easter heading our way!

I'm working on updating my resume and there were several good prospects I found today. So I'm going to hold onto the belief that my job is out there waiting for me. The one where I don't dread going in each day and the one that doesn't make me feel dumb all the time. The one that challenges me and allows me to use and expand my abilities. The one that I'll be at until I retire. (That's my dream right now.)

I am lucky to have very supportive friends and family (and an amazing husband). I'll get through this and come out better off than today. I have faith.

And to make sure I really try to get that job so I can start saving money again, I made big travel plans to celebrate John's 50th birthday with our good friends. We're going to Disney and we're doing it right! 2 years to save...gotta get that job soon!

And now on to daily life. I ran a couple errands this morning and got the supplies to get snowed in for a couple days (another small dream LOL!). I've got plenty of scrapbooking projects to play with, Netflix movies/streaming and good food/junk food a plenty. Bring on the snow!!!

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...