Friday, January 15, 2010

Waiting and (a lack of) productivity...

Waiting...for anything...is generally not fun. I knew the schedule of the hiring process when I walked out of the interview on Tuesday, but that's not stopping me from worrying about it one little bit! I know that even if I make it to the second round of interviews, it won't happen until the end of the month. Still worrying. I know that they interviewed candidates until Wednesday and that they then had to present the possibilities to the CEO and that would take place during the next week. Still worrying. I know that the interviewer is going on vacation next Wednesday. Still worrying. I am, without a doubt, my own worst enemy! I need to find a way to turn this worry into productivity! Yes, that's right. I want to be one of those amazing, awe-inspiring people who turn anxiety and stress into fabulously clean homes and organized lives!! It's my fantasy. But in reality, my stress reducer is staring at this computer screen aimlessly hoping for something to grab my attention and hold onto it...while simultaneously wishing the house cleaning fairies would show up and work their magic. I know that I would feel 100% better if I did something (I've done it before. I know it works). But right now, I am struggling to turn my attention away from its current path of job hunting/income producing obsessing. I find myself melancholy for my old job and having somewhere to go each day. I've definitely learned that I function best with a pre-defined schedule. I wish I could be just as productive without one, but I'm not. So, here I sit. Worrying. Hoping. Struggling.

Time to get off this seat and get occupied with something else. Or at least time to really try.

2 comments:

Mary Sara said...

I understand about the worrying and waiting. I'm gulity of that myself. I am thinking wonderful thoughts for you and a definite call back. Good luck and why not do something creative to relieve a bit of that worrying? :)

Lydia said...

I hope you get the job!! I hope you can find a little peace. Stress will hurt you more than anything. Take the moments that you can and spend them because when you are back to work. There won't be the time to do them. Best of luck!

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...