Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Luck and serenity needed...

Now would be good. I've been up since 4:30 with alternating versions of interview responses and silly Lady GaGa songs running around in my head on a collision course. I have started the process of getting ready for the interview. Yup. 5 hours should be enough time! I've polished the jewelry (although I'm struggling with the idea of my "diamond" studs or the pearls that were suggested by my job coach). I've make some little piles of things that have to go into my purse/tote. I'm getting ready to print my resume and list of references. I've more or less decided on an outfit. I keep reminding myself that this is my "rebound" interview. I most likely will flub something, but it's perfectly normal and expected. I have been trained as well as I can be and did very well on my mock interview with the job coach late yesterday afternoon. I'm just going to BELIEVE that I will do my best and that they will be lucky to have me work there. I am totally capable of making their world a better place!

Yesterday was one of the most productive, organized days I've ever had! It was wonderful! I ran errands with a purpose and actually got them all done. I was only an hour or so over my estimated time of return home and that was because when I finally found shoes that were interview perfect, I was unsure about what size to get...a little tight (because my feet were a bit swollen) or the ones that were a bit loose that I could add a little cushion to to make them fit better. The loose ones at the first store were "wrinkly" near my instep (not a condition I found on the tight ones). Wrinkly is not pretty on patent leather shoes and I knew that I would totally obsess over it while the interviewer would most likely never notice it. So it was off to another store of theirs (20 miles away) that had the same shoes in the bigger size. But this girl was smart! I bought the tight ones just in case and it turned out to be a really smart move! The loose ones at the other store had the same "wrinkly" look to them! ARGH! So hopefully I won't have to do a lot of walking around until these new shoes break in.

Ok...off to shower and get it going. Wish me luck!

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...