Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Glue Incident...

Yes...there was a Glue Incident during one of my classes last weekend! Someone's liquid adhesive exploded when she tried to unblock it. It hit the ceiling, the rug, me, her, the project kit she had just laid out so prettily on the table. It was EVERYWHERE! Who knew that glue could fly like that! I was still finding glue on my face and in my hair when I got home that night. LOL!

I taught 3 classes, my friend Julie taught 4 classes and our friend Liz was our shared assistant. We were crazy busy all day and a few of the classes went over their end time (which was expected). But everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and were happy with their projects. My brain was officially mush at the end of the weekend. There was so much preparing and organizing and running around the days leading up to it. Everything that could go wrong did. By the time Sunday afternoon rolled around and we could relax, we didn't have the energy to do anything more and chat with the ladies cropping at the store. I had all kinds of good intentions about completing a couple small projects that I brought, but they just stayed all nice and snug in my bag waiting for another day. Maybe this weekend...

My unemployment was all squared away at the end of last week and I've received my first couple checks. YEAH! So yesterday was errands and grocery shopping. Lots of fresh veggies in the house again. :)

Today I've got a second interview. I'm nervous and not all at the same time. I'm confident in my abilities, but so unsure about starting a new job. Some days I'm still stunned that I'm not at my old job. But change can be good and I'm doing my best to remember that. I will believe that I will make a good decision about this next chapter in life and which direction to choose. I've thought long and hard about the choices I'm going to need to make and I'm getting comfortable with the concessions I will need to make to get what I want. So...fingers crossed for a good outcome today!

Tonight is my first meeting for the year-long challenges group I joined. We'll be meeting monthly and doing the challenges in the 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges book at my LSS. Tonight we're doing 4 challenges and I hope that I'll actually get 4 pages done. I've made my notes, taken my pictures and now I just have to print the pictures and gather up some supplies to take with me. Should be fun!

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...