Monday, January 11, 2010

Busy day planned today...

Lots to do, many places to go! I've already made my unemployment call-in certification for last week, created my on-line unemployment account and arranged for taxes to be taken out of my benefits. I've had 2 cups of coffee and taken care of the dogs. Soon, I'll be getting dressed and ready to run errands (list was started yesterday and is sitting here in front of me for last minute additions).

Most important errand for today? Shoes...specifically "interview" shoes. Somehow missed that I needed these in the frenzy of clothes shopping the past couple weeks. I've assembled a totally grown up and professional bunch of clothes to replace/supplement the casual office wardrobe I've had for the past 19 years. But shoes never crossed my mind. I have 2 pairs of very nice black flats, but they don't scream "interview" nice. And the only heels I possess have open toes. Not fun when it's supposed to snow tomorrow and be in the 20s. So today I am in search of shoes that I will most likely not find: sensible mid-heel (kitten heel would be fab!) pumps. HAH! In this day of gladiator pumps and 4" heels this is going to be a difficult mission. Cross your fingers for me!

This afternoon, I'm going to do my nails, organize my papers for all the unemployment stuff, print off my resume on very nice paper and generally get myself ready to rock out that interview tomorrow. All the while battling a tremendous case of anxiety as only I can create. Do I want to work for a bank? Am I completely delusional about my qualifications? What if I actually get offered the job and they only offer minimum wage - then what the heck do I do? Will I even like working in a small office after working in the behemoth big city law firm? Am I going to be able to pull off the super-talented, very professional working woman image I want to present? Heavens - what if my outfit is all wrong for this job??? And so on, and so on...

Off to get this Monday started!

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...