Saturday, January 9, 2010

Beginning the unemployment dance...

Today I am signing up for unemployment (yes...that's one of the updates I owe). It's a bit frustrating that it takes almost 4 minutes (and entering data) to find out that the call center is too busy and you need to call back. I finally got to hold after 6 phone calls. My estimated wait time: 23 minutes. 23 minutes of muzak, announcements and requests to continue to hold. Ugh. But I am grateful that there is a system to help people this way so I'm going to try to not complain about the process. But I'm going to document the process so I can remember this.

Here's to hoping (1) that it doesn't take 4-5 weeks to process my claim and (2) that I get a job soon so I can feel a bit more normal.

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...