Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goals and a working dryer!

I know...odd title line! LOL!  But today I got my dryer fixed.  It's been broken since April and while it was easy to be green and line dry the laundry all spring and summer, it's been weekly trips to the laundromat to dry since October.  I've been doing the happy dance all afternoon listening to the beautiful sound of that dryer doing it's thing!  And it only cost me half of what I thought it was going to!  Life can be good indeed.   :)

Now for the planned post...goals for 2009.  John and I wrote these down on Thursday night (without seeing what the other was writing) and we're putting them on the refrigerator as reminders to help us stay on track.

Me:

1.  Re-do the bedrooms (new wallpaper and accessories)
2.  Develop good housekeeping habits and find a schedule that works
3.  Try 20 new recipes
4.  Clean/organize front porch and shed
5.  Work on yard - plant berries, plan/plant front bed and fix front path

John:

1.  Be better with keeping the house clean 
2.  Organize and clean shed
3.  Improve gardens and yard
4.  Work on pickup truck 
5.  Do things to keep the romance alive

LOVE his #5!  I'm a lucky girl!

Tomorrow I'm off to help do inventory at Absolutely Everything in Topsfield, Mass.  This is one of my favorite scrapbook/stamp stores and I was thrilled to have an excuse to take a road trip out there (it's over an hour away) AND get paid for fondling papers (which I do for free every other visit! LOL!).  

Off to watch Peyton Manning do his thing and cuddle with the man on the couch.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah i am so happy that your dryer is fixed!! Fondle some paper for me!
Hugs and miss you tons!
xoxo

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...