Friday, September 11, 2009

21 day challenge with Rhonna Farrer...

::The {21} Challenge::

I'm taking part in Rhonna's 21-day challenge that is now on Day 4. I'm not doing an art project for it, but I am trying to work on a habit that I want to change. With a new puppy, an older sick dog, John's job giving both of us lots of stress and just having a lot of things to do with deadlines, I really feel a need to work on being patient and rolling with what life gives me in the best way I can. So far, so good. Things have been especially stressful since I started this (isn't that always the way? decide to work on patience and suddenly there are MANY things that require just that!) and I've been really happy with the way I've handled things. I've resisted the urge to let anger or frustration get the best of me. And it feels good to succeed. I'm hoping that 21 days of concentrated attention to this will build a good habit that I can maintain.

Thank you Rhonna for doing this challenge again and for the beautiful artwork you're posting every day to encourage everyone!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i saw your comment on rhonna's site and i wanted to tell you not to discount the personal goal you've set for yourself. it's an AWESOME goal and frankly - there are more of us out there that should incorporate it into our lives. so kudos to you for posting it on your blog and we 21ers are here to encourage and lift each other! you CAN do this girl!

- jess @ penandpaperflowers.blogspot.com

Catalina said...

Thank you for your comment Michelle!

and yes, all challenges are important!

Keep going!!!!

xoxo

Geralyn Gray said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog with your encourgagement. I love the name of your blog--it is all good!

Pink Owl Paperie said...

Keep going Michelle! I'm working on a similar challenge, I know it's difficult in time of stress, but you can do it! :) Thanks for the comment on my blog too.
Hugs,
Renee

jamie said...

hi michelle...i saw your comment over on my blog...thanks so much for stopping and saying hi!
what you said is so true, when you make a goal to achieve something, it seems everything is thrown at you to defeat that goal early on. yesterday i had such a trial of it in going for my goal...but at least i was aware of the battle that was taking place, and i was prepared to deal with it and succeed.
hope your weekend can be reduced of stress, and maybe even a chance to do something creative for your challenge.
God Bless.

DeeDee said...

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog today and leave me a bit of encouragement...I am here to offer some back to you..I am liking the 21 challenge and working towards my goals...glad I have you in my support group...have a great weekend. You can do it...

Unknown said...

Isn't that the way it always is - hurdles get in the way - but I believe we become stronger from our trials. What an awesome goal. you can do it !!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment! Good luck in your challenge. Patience is something I might need to do another 21 Day Challenge for!

Traci said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. Keep up the good work - it sounds like you are really working on patience and it is challenging you every step of the way but you seem to be doing very well. You will prevail! Go girl!

MeganKP said...

i saw your comment on Rhonna's blog... i just wanted to say good job, and stick with it!
i have a goal of writing in my journal ever night, so no it is not very big either but just as important, don't think that something is ever not important because it is, especcially because it is building twords a better you!
Kepp it up!
Megan

melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Michelle! :) It's such a fun challenge, isn't it. I always need a "challenge" to get scrapping done these days. I can definitely relate to your desire for more patience. hang in there it will come...

Anonymous said...

I hope it's going well for you! I think it's such a great idea!

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...