Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Time...

There isn't enough of it. Another month has gone by since my last post and although it was eventful and busy, I feel a bit of a failure because I neglect to keep up with this blog. I live with all the best of intentions and yet I still have not mastered the ability to follow through on all of them.

Here's the quick update...
  • My grandfather passed away on November 12. He was 84. And while I'm terribly sad that he's not here with us anymore, I am so glad that his pain has ended and that he's been reunited with my grandmother and mother. There is a hole in my life now...and I can only wait for time to heal it.
  • I spent a lot of time with family last month and it was good. Very good.
  • Thanksgiving was a wonderful day...great food, lots of laughs and memories made.
  • John and I have started working on the house. We've done some insulation that was needed in the basement and we've been wandering HD and Lowe's making plans, plotting budgets and wishing to win the lottery!
  • Snow season is here and I am happy!
  • John and I went to a Festival of Trees at a local church this past weekend and got totally inspired for the season.

This weekend we're taking a little road trip to see the lights at LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Mass. and we're getting our first Christmas tree. I'm really making an effort to embrace the holidays this year instead of thinking that "next year I'll go see all the lights and do all the things I've been planning". Life is short and the moments should be embraced as they come. And it's up to me to make sure that I live and see and do as much as I can.

1 comment:

Kim -today's creative blog said...

thank so much for the visit and I'm glad you like my redesign.

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...