Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's been a busy couple of weeks...

Making plans for the wedding, telephone calls to get paperwork and contracts, and spending some serious quality time with Charter Cable trying to figure out why they are so incompetent! We also took a quick overnight road trip to Augusta and Camden, Maine (business for John and pleasure for us) and I've spent the past couple weekends having fun hanging out with friends. I've created a wedding planner/scrapbook that I love and I'm having fun filling it up. I've figured out how to shut off the flash on my camera. I've taken a few pictures and even uploaded them to Flickr and Facebook! We've done a good cleaning of the kitchen, taken out the old cafe table set and set up the rolling countertop/cabinet. It's been crazy, fun, frustrating and all the little things that everyday life can be.

But yesterday I got a reality check and a reminder to make sure I do my best to enjoy every day. I witnessed a horrific motorcycle accident that was caused by some kids driving recklessly. I know they didn't set out to hurt someone, but someone was seriously injured because they were playing. It was like watching a stunt man in a movie...only he didn't have a mat to land on. Hopefully the motorcycle rider will be OK (there's nothing in the local papers about it yet...I'm taking that as a good sign). He was conscious and in pain when they were putting him on the board to move him into the ambulance and he did try to move before we stopped him, so hopefully his wounds are the kind that will heal soon. It was just so scary to watch.

And so I don't leave this post ending on a sad note, here are some pictures from Camden. The day was overcast, but it was warm with a lovely breeze....
(p.s. can someone/anyone please tell me why my pictures always load at the top of my post instead of where the cursor is? I have to drag/drop them and for then delete a bunch of returns inserted randomly between paragraphs. Help!)

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...