Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Still waiting...and regrets...

I've two wonderfully productive days helping a friend do inventory. It's been great to keep my mind occupied while waiting for news on a job I interviewed for. I love projects that require that level of concentration when I have a lot on my mind. So grateful that this project and the waiting were aligned at the same time! :)

Still no word about the job, so today I'll be trying to keep the mind occupied on my own. Scary! I know I'm not good at it and it seems the more I try, the harder it is for me to get lost in something. Suggestions anyone???

As for the regrets...something happened with another friend yesterday that is weighing heavily on me. A discussion that took an unexpected path. And then fell right off a cliff. It makes me terribly sad that it happened and even more sad that I'm not sure I can "fix" it. I'm spending lots of time replaying and analyzing things and trying to determine what I could have done different. There will be much self-examination resulting from this and I'm going to try and find the opportunity for personal growth from the experience. Hugs to my friend...and apologies.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your conversation. I've had conversations like that. :( Best of luck repairing and evaluating. :)

Lydia said...

Reflection is always good, but don't let things go to long, it sometimes gets harder to go back with time.. Best wishes for you!!

Cathe Holden said...

Hoping this cheers you up a bit- YOU WON MY GLITTER GIVEAWAY. Congratulations Michelle! Now all I need is your shipping address.

Cathe Holden
Just Something I Made

cathe@justsomethingimade.com

Free Pretty Things For You said...

hi there!
just wanted to invite you to my craft blog!
have an awesome giveaway going on too!
hope to see you enter!
XOxO
Keren
www.freeprettythingsforyou.com

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...