Saturday, February 5, 2011

Sharing a embarrassing moment....


What? Why yes...those are my crocs full of and covered with snow. How did they get that way you ask? Well, as I was letting the dogs in I thought I would take a moment and see if I could clear some of the ice on the front porch. So, I let them in and pulled the door to close it enough to stop the cold from coming in. It's got an automatic lock on it, so I'm always very careful not to pull too hard. But I must have forgot what I was doing and the next thing I knew, it was closed. Very closed. And I was on the front porch in my pajamas and crocs. And the only thing between me and the inside was a 15' walk through snow that comes up past my knees. Did I mention there were no boots anywhere? And it was at least 40 minutes or so until John would get home. And the dang dogs have yet to learn how to open doors (gotta teach them that!). So I gave myself a little pep talk about how it would be over really quick and started off. And the crocs came off in the snow at least 4-5 times while I tried to make it to the driveway. Snow on bare feet is COLD! But I did it and said a little prayer of thanks that there was a hidden spare key for the back door that I could get to. I am happy to report that the feet have almost thawed. LOL!

Just before that incident, I was making this: Spiced Chai Concentrate from Tasty Kitchen
I just strained it and will be having some a little later this afternoon. Review to follow...

1 comment:

Dapoppins said...

Waiting to hear of there is no permanent damage! You are one brave woman!

I bet hot chi was lovely after all of that. Or was it?

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...