Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fun times...

I had an unusually good weekend...lots of lucky shopping, laughs and good times.

Saturday I went to Target to get treats for Enzo and decided that I'd wander the store a bit since I had some free time. I actually found jeans that fit (and were on sale!), got a new backpack/purse for my trip to the Simply Southern Scrapbook Convention, http://www.simplysouthernscrapbook.com/, a couple new tops and some presents for John. Unbelievably good shopping for me! Then it was off to Wright's Farm for dinner - YUMMY! And we ended the night with John giving me a tour of Woonsocket and his "beat" from when he was on the police force there. Let's just say it was very interesting. Saw some things I hadn't seen before and will be OK not seeing again. But it was nice to get to see where he lived and worked for 13 years.

Sunday was apple picking day with my girls, DJ and Shelly. What a gorgeous day we had and all the kids were in good moods! The only "bad" part was that I forgot my camera in the car and didn't get any pictures of them actually picking the apples. Bummer! But we had a great time, picked about 40 lbs. of apples and stuffed ourselves with fresh kettle popcorn! Then it was off to meet John for lunch at McDonalds (part of the tradition), visit Grampa with all the kids - so good to see him smile and laugh with them - and a quick trip to PetCo and Michael's at the girls' request. And after all that, I parked myself on the couch and John and I watched TV and relaxed the rest of the day.

Life is good! Pictures of the fun to follow...

No comments:

I think I'm back.  I just spent some time updating the look and my info so at least one new post is called for.  I'm still alive, st...