Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
It was a great weekend - some good football, a Christmas tree, some quality time with John and lots of good food. I have some pictures to share that I remembered to download from the camera, but forgot to upload to Flickr so that I could easily post them here. I'll try to get to that tonight in between decorating the tree (can we talk about the 2 adorable little mice that had decided to finagle their way into my Christmas stuff in the shed? What? You didn't actually hear the screams? LOL!) and doing some general cleaning that didn't get done this weekend.
Here's to finding my Christmas spirit and enjoying the season...and finding a new home for those critters in the shed! ;)
Friday, December 7, 2007
It's a quiet day at work and I had a chance to play on Flickr a bit. Here's today's mosaic from the new favorites I found:
1. the road, 2. Red Berries in the Snow, 3. After the snow, 4. Snow tunnel, 5. First Snow, 6. Picture 040, 7. Tobias, 8. Holiday Cards, 9. Love Me Ephemera Album, 10. Got Snow?, 11. Solitude, 12. My throne, 13. Cosmos lady, 14. lily girl, 15. rosehips wreath, 16. porch, 17. morning, 18. On the Bed, 19. Tree at work, 20. peek, 21. Fall Colors, 22. primizie a siena, 23. HIEDRA // IVY, 24. Tulip on Slate, 25. winter wonderland
Now I'm totally inspired to do something creative and colorful! I promise next time I'll upload some of my own photos. I've been taking one each day for December so I can create a little book (check out Ali Edwards' blog for this idea). Maybe I'll get a chance to upload them this weekend and share.
Can I go home now? Happy weekend all!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Here's the quick update...
- My grandfather passed away on November 12. He was 84. And while I'm terribly sad that he's not here with us anymore, I am so glad that his pain has ended and that he's been reunited with my grandmother and mother. There is a hole in my life now...and I can only wait for time to heal it.
- I spent a lot of time with family last month and it was good. Very good.
- Thanksgiving was a wonderful day...great food, lots of laughs and memories made.
- John and I have started working on the house. We've done some insulation that was needed in the basement and we've been wandering HD and Lowe's making plans, plotting budgets and wishing to win the lottery!
- Snow season is here and I am happy!
- John and I went to a Festival of Trees at a local church this past weekend and got totally inspired for the season.
This weekend we're taking a little road trip to see the lights at LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Mass. and we're getting our first Christmas tree. I'm really making an effort to embrace the holidays this year instead of thinking that "next year I'll go see all the lights and do all the things I've been planning". Life is short and the moments should be embraced as they come. And it's up to me to make sure that I live and see and do as much as I can.